You can lock videos to be played back on selected domains even if your embed code has been taken and embedded elsewhere through Settings -> Security Options -> Host Locking.
This feature is available only for Research and Survey customers.
Locking your video to play back only on selected domains
- After singing in, click the Edit button for the video you wish to secure.
- In the Settings submenu, select Security Options.
- In the field under Host locking, type the domain URL for the domain you wish to authorize for playback (meaning all others will not be able to play it back).
- example: www.clipstream.com, clipstream.com, my.clipstream.com
- If you wish to authorize more than one domain, click the + add a domain link.
An additional field will appear. Click +add a domain to reveal as many fields as you require.
- Click Save.
Now when your video is embedded on non-authorized sites and are played, an error will appear telling them that the video has been restricted by the content owner.
NOTE: Please remember to clear your test browser cache and restart the browser to ensure any new behaviour is present.
To remove host locking
- Block out and clear the domains you do not wish to authorize. Clear them all if you no longer want host locking at all for your video.